Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cat's Cradle Filler Chapter 126.5


Chapter 126.5

I was not sure if I should go back to Bokonon and talk to him about everything that has just happened. I am not sure if I wanted to know what he thought for he could hold the ending of The Books of Bokonon.

“Should we go check on Bokonon” I asked Newt.

“I am not sure he seems like he might be busy.”

“How can you be busy when the world is over?”

I did not move from that spot for quit awhile. For some reason I was not sure if I wanted to know what he was going to say about everything that has just occurred. It seemed like the end of the world and if I went to him he would convince me it was.

“What will we do if we decide not to talk to him” asked Newt.

“I do not know.”

“After everything that has happened are we ready to face him?”

Once Newt asked that I was sure I was ready but I was not sure if I even wanted to talk to Bokonon. I guess I was his follower but should I follow him to the end of the world? Should I change my stance and become a leader? Could I even lead?

I wasn’t sure what to think about Bokonon after everything that has happened. The world is coming to its end and people are dieing all over the place. Bokonon was there for me to find comfort but how could I find comfort when the world is in this predicament. For the first time I began to challenge Bokononism.

A part of me wanted to believe we would get out of here alive but then that would probably be a lie. I was tired of following lies. I wanted to get out of all this alive but could I do it myself?

All the thoughts of Bokonon came to mind and I thought about each and everyone of them. I know I have mentioned many in this book so I won’t mention anymore but I felt like asking Bokonon something. I felt like clearing up everything.

“I think I might go talk with Bokonon.”

“If that is what you want then you should.”

“I will go back but I want to think a little.”

“Ok.”

Newt didn’t have much else to say than that. I guess it was fine that he did not have much to say because I wanted to make this decision myself. I wanted to be able to show that I can decide things myself instead of listening to somebody else tell me what I will do like any religion.

“Let’s go back to Bokonon. I have to talk to him” I told Newt.

“That is fine, I will go with you.”

As we started to go back to Bokonon I was thinking about what I was going to ask him. I did not really have a life saving question in mind but it was definitely something that may lead Bokonon to reveal something to me that no other Bokononist has heard before.

I was getting closer and closer to him. I was thinking too much of all of this. Newt did not seem very troubled like me. He seemed to be calm even though we had just witnessed the end of the world, or close to it. I loosened myself up and went to him. The world was over and I should accept it. Now, I guess, would be a good time to see what Bokonon would tell me. I was ready to talk to him now.

1 comment:

Rodney B5 said...

I picked my filler chapter for Cat's Cradle as my creative piece because it was something I enjoyed doing. I feel that creative writing is free and allowed me to present ideas to the reader which may not have been brought up in the book or change the story just a bit so it would end the way I would want it to.